Tuesday 26 March 2013

MEET FEMI KUTI , A THREE TIME GRAMMY AWARD NOMINEE AND A GREAT AND ACCOMPLISHED AFRO BEAT MUSICIAN


Olufela Olufemi Anikulapo Kuti (born 16 June 1962), popularly known as Femi Kuti, is a Nigerian musician and the eldest son of afrobeat icon FELA KUTI. Femi was born in London to Fela and Remi Kuti and grew up in  Lagos. . Femi started off his musical career by becoming a member of his father's band.
Like his father, Femi has shown a strong commitment to social and political causes throughout his career.
He created his own band Positive Force in the late 1980s with Dele Sosimi (Gbedu Resurrection), a former key-board player of Fela Anikulapo Kuti. His international career began in 1988 when he was invited by the French Cultural Centre in Lagos and Christian Mousset to perform at the Festival d'Angoulême (France), the New Morning Club in Paris and the Moers Festival in Germany.

Femi Kuti is a three time  Grammy Award nominee for the for Best World Music Album category....We are looking forward to him bringing it home soon!!


NGOZI GOLD : What is Music and Dance to you ?

FEMI KUTI : Music is everything to me..

femi kuti fela
Femi Kuti on stage

NGOZI GOLD : What inspires you ?

FEMI KUTI : Everything about life in general inspires me,
Handsome Man

NGOZI GOLD :  How did you feel when you got your first Grammy nomination ?

FEMI KUTI : I was very surprised and grateful everyone seemed so happy for me.

NGOZI GOLD : Why are you proud to be African ?

FEMI KUTI : I  am proud to be African because I love my culture and I love my people.

NGOZI GOLD : As the son of the GREAT FELA , was your life path chosen for you or did u carve a niche for yourself ?

EBA MI EDA FELA OF LIFE fela kuti
EBA MI EDA FELA OF LIFE!!
FEMI KUTI : I always wanted to play music, it was just a question of time and opportunity..and i am glad both favoured me..

femi kuti and seun kuti
Femi and his brother Seun..blood is thicker than water

NGOZI GOLD : Who are your best new school artistes (both foreign and local) do we expect any collaboration soon?

FEMI KUTI : Unfortunately I cant answer that question because I might mistakenly forget to mention a few and that would not be fair .. I love all of them and I wish them well.

yeni kuti
His beautiful Sister Yeni...AN AFRICAN QUEEN (lovely dress..SEXY DIVA)
NGOZI GOLD : What makes you smile ?

FEMI KUTI : My children bring the greatest joy to my life, I smile anytime I see them or think about them..which is everytime..that then means I am always smiling.....lol

Family is key and important to FEMI KUTI

NGOZI GOLD : Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years ?
Femi's kids getting ready for school

FEMI KUTI : Hmmmmn.....Doing what I've never done before....I always hope to always take myself to the next level....I will keep pushing for the best, striving for perfection , hoping to do better than the best!!

NGOZI GOLD : Thank You so much Sir for your time

FEMI KUTI : You are welcome Dear....


Kindly follow FEMI KUTI on twitter @Femiakuti 
(He follows back, replies and retweets!)

It was a delight chatting with FEMI KUTI,
NGOZI GOLD WISHES YOU AND YOUR OWN ALL THE BEST IN ALL YOU DO AND MAY GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE!!
Femi Kuti and Yinka Davis
Femi Kuti at the london unplugged concert

nobel peace prize
Femi Kuti at the nobel peace concert

Femi Kuti and Sasha

Femi and Jesse jagz 

Album Artwork for his new album
HAVE YOU GUYS NOTICED THAT MR FEMI KUTI HAS NEVER WORN AN ENGLISH SUIT IN PUBLIC.....OR IS IT JUST ME..LOL


FEMI KUTI IS INDEED AFRICA'S PRIDE...


1 comment:

  1. Brief, straight to the point and very insightful. Thanks Empress!!!...Andy Bello (Lockdown Entertainment)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!